it's my blog and I'll write what I damn please

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The day I met my dream book

Ferdinand: It's one of those days when everyone you talk to seems to be an imbecile. Then you start to wonder about yourself. --from Pierrot le fou

Yes, exactly. I was having a great day at the library. Then I went shopping. I will spare you the story of my bad retail experience because: a) bad retail/customer service stories are super boring; b) two very patient people in my life already had to sit through every dang detail; and, c) people telling these stories always come out sounding more like assholes the more they try to describe the assholeness of the other party. And, come on, we all know who the real assholes are. This is just shopping.

Then, you know the bad dream that has you accidentally on an express bus to Puyallup? Fortunately, my accidental express bus only took me to West Seattle. (Did you know you can get to West Seattle from downtown in 5 minutes? They don't just say that. It's actually true.)

This was all forgotten as soon as I saw Silas, and as soon as I remembered this happy library find in my Strand bag. I love Martha Gellhorn anyway, but I think this is my favorite title ever. Ever.

1 comment:

Editor Jill said...

I am going to get that book and just sit it on my nightstand so I can look at it and smile and go to sleep thinking I just read the best book ever.