it's my blog and I'll write what I damn please

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Who was your college roommate?


So, L. Craig was my dad's fraternity brother and roommate. Paul has advised me not to post any more about this, so you'll have to get the (very brief) story in person.

I listened to the interrogation tape at the Spokesman Review site and tried to imagine this defender of marriage and NRA board member at the old D Chi house chugging a Thunderbird. (The tape is actually more fascinating than you would expect, not that it's unfamiliar to listen to a Republican sidestepping a series of difficult questions).

But L.C. was Student Body President of U of I, described by his friends as "studious" and "awkward with women" in the Idaho Statesman's ridiculously detailed account of his history, in which he consistently replies to reporters: "jiminy!" and "I don't pick up men."

Jiminy. Go Vandals.

No comments: